Thursday, October 8, 2009

Virtual Worlds

I think that the most that I have heard about virtual worlds is from Second Life. I don't have a Second Life account yet. What I do know about it is that it's a way for people from around the world to connect with each other. People can decide what they want to do, ranging from shopping, working, and just talking with other people. I see it as a way to communicate with a 3D version of how you want to make yourself. It looks interesting, I don't know if I would use Second Life in my classroom. I would have to think about that a bit more.

I also found a Virtual Worlds Review. Which this looked good because it listed just about every kind of virtual world that there is out there. Some of them look like they are free, but not all of them.

Another things that would be a virtual world would be The Sims. But I don't think that you can communicate with other people, you just create your own world. There is an online version of The Sims.



Something else that is exciting is that I have been using a Promethean Smartboard at my Level 3 Field Experience. It would be nice to learn more about that technology, but it is pretty cool and not too bad to use. :)

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job of sharing resources with your readers. I checked out the Virtual Worlds Review and it is quite complete.

    ReplyDelete