Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Role of Blogging in Education

If I would ever use a blog in a classroom I would use it as a place where I would provide sample problems for math. I would use it as a place where students would be able to ask questions when they are at home. A problem with that is that not all students will have computers or even the internet. I would try to use something else that would be more interactive for answering questions. Possibly a Google Doc or something where multiple students and the teacher could have a certain amount of time to ask questions.

In the Cool Cat Teacher Blog, Vicki Davis talked about how turning in papers could be done on a blog. I would think that would be interesting to do that for a class, but at the same time, like she stated, it would be difficult to make comments for the students. I like seeing the various comments where I need to fix a mistake on the paper.

I don't know if I would use a blog in the classroom, I would find it difficult with math.

No comments:

Post a Comment